Saturday 15 November 2014

Two kinds of rum: Plantation rum Grande reserva from Barbados and Lemon Hart Original from British Guayana

For a little help to my friend I got rewarded two interesting rum samples, which I would like to recommend. The first one is Plantation rum Grande reserva form Barbados. When tasting this rum, I remembered the typical taste of rum pralines! I am well aware of the fact, that the producer would not be over excited about this, but that is exactly what I can taste in it – and I mean it in a good way. 


Plantation rum Grande reserva
Plantation rum Grande reserva is very subtle, light and easy to drink with pleasant and sweet finish. Taste is full, with undertones of tropical fruit. This rum also has an interesting journey – it starts with maturing in old bourbon casks on the island of Barbados. Than it travels to France, the Cognac region, where it is blended and matured for another year in casks previously used for Pierre Ferrand XO Grande Champagne cognac. Isn’t that a lovely journey with the perfect ending? 

The second type of rum that I tasted accepted Darth Vaders invitation and passed on to the dark side. Lemon Hart Original is very dark with a distinctive taste. Because of this strong taste, I would recommend it only to experienced seamen.  By the way, the founder of the distillery – Mr. Lemon Hart – was the first official rum supplier for British royal navy.  

Lemon Hart Original

No comments:

Post a Comment