Wednesday 19 November 2014

New pieces for my collection: cognac Godet 1981 and AE Dor XO Carafe Nolly

After a long time I decided to get a little something for myself, and I bought some new bottles for my collection. The first one is Godet, year 1981. I must say I like these old brands in plain bottles and wooden boxes, without unnecessary decorations and trinkets.  

That’s right; the content of the bottle is as old as I am. One could say we will mature nicely together. But the opposite is true. Cognac does not mature in a glass bottle, it does not develop with time and so the only one changing with time will be me. Truth is I had to reach deep into my wallet this time, but I believe the money is well invested. 




Godet cognac is one of the most defined brands. Grapes come from a single region, a single vineyard and for the whole period of maturing the cognac was barrelled in a single cask. Every cognac is thus specific not only according to the region and vine variety, but according to the year of harvest too. 


The second bottle I bought was AE Dor XO Carafe Nolly Cognac. I took it at a spur of a moment for a good price. I think Flaviar sometimes tries to get rid of unopened bottles that they make up their sets of, and they had this extra bottle left. The only disadvantage is that it has no box. But I can still drink it with friends, right? 


No comments:

Post a Comment