Monday 29 December 2014

Greetings from Nicaragua: rum Flor de Caňa

I bought the rum Flor de Caňa at the Miami airport, but it is produced in Nicaragua. To make the journey worth it, I chose a more expensive 18 year old bottle. It cost 40 USD, which means I saved about 10 USD when compared to the prices in Czech shops. Not mentioning the added value of knowing, that not a penny went to the Czech Ministry of Finance!  


So what is Flor de Caňa like?

Honestly, I don’t really know. I opened it all excited, I poured it into a glass and tried to find all the undertones that should be there. Caramel, roasted hazelnuts, oak, vanilla or dark chocolate… All that should be in this rum, but it all came out somewhat hazy. 

I don’t mean that the rum is bad though! It tastes great drinking it in the evening, just sitting on the porch. Compared to other types of rum from this region, it is not as sweet and heavy. Don’t get confused by the bottle – the picture shows new design. You can still find the old design on Czech web sites. 




More...



No comments:

Post a Comment